Open PhD-position in project B1: Dissolution Control
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of Toxicology is involved in the Leibniz Research Alliance Advanced Materials Safety, which conducts cell biology research on the safety or toxicity of advanced materials. The PhD project investigates the kinetics and toxicity of nanomaterials that could be used in the treatment of cancer and is conducted in collaboration with other members of the LRA Advanced Materials Safety.
The Department of Toxicology is looking for the following to start as soon as possible
a PhD Position (m, f, d)
for a research project on the safety of innovative materials (start date: July 1, 2022). The part-time position (65%) is limited to 3 years.
Testing the toxicity and intracellular fate of metal-based nanoparticles in various cancer cell lines and neurons
- Degree in biology, biological chemistry, biotechnology, toxicology, medicine, neuroscience, or a related field
- Experience with cell culture, qRT-PCR, and fluorescence microscopy
- Knowledge in CARS/RAMAN-microscopy or the willingness to learn
- Experience working with RNA-seq data is beneficial (including basic knowledge of R)
- Background knowledge in neuroscience is advantageous
- Team player, flexible, highly motivated
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- High interest in keeping up with innovations and most recent literature
- English proficiency in speaking and writing
- A part-time position (65%) with currently 25.89 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- An interesting job with room for the development of your own scientific ideas, which promotes your professional career
- A modern working environment, including a friendly and competent research team
If you have questions, please contact PD. Dr. van Thriel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 0231/1084-407.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your complete application including CV as pdf document including the reference code “PhD position – van Thriel” until May 15, 2022, preferably by email to email@example.com.